Tips on picking the perfect area rug for different areas of your home
Picking the right area rug for the rooms of your home is very important as each room needs a different feel and has a different design. The type of rug, as well as the placement thereof, will determine whether the room has a fresh and airy feel to it or if the room feels cluttered and disoriented.
Choose your home rug area wisely
- Choose the correct size home rug area for your room – You need your rug to set boundaries and ground your furniture. In a living room your rug defines the conversation area, and it should be large enough so at least the front legs of the furniture are on it.
- Leaving your wall-to-wall carpeting bare: It is always a good idea to layer an area rug over carpet. It adds playfulness and pulls your room together giving it the boundaries it needs.
- Choosing your rug first: If you’re decorating your room from scratch, choose the rug first. It’s the big, impactful piece that ties a room together and can be a great conversation starter. Choosing the perfect rug first will also give you an idea of what the rest of the design of the room should be.
- Patterns are your new best friend: Some contrast is necessary to create a happy space and patterns are just the way to go!
- Remember the rug pad: A rug pad dispels slipping and sliding, and adds a layer of comfort underfoot.
- Budget is a big factor: There is no need to spend a fortune on a rug that you feel is so expensive you would rather not let anyone walk across it. After all, that is what a rug is there for… Being budget wise when choosing the perfect rug, area, and design will not make your living space less appealing.
Let California Designs make your rug area great!
California Designs is the leading window and flooring solution company that has custom designed flooring and window options to accentuate your lifestyle and the unique personality and appeal of your home.
For more information, do not hesitate to give us a call today!