Tips on Beautifying
Tips on Beautifying Your Wellington Home with Carpets and Rugs
You can really add charm and beauty to your Wellington home by incorporating carpets and rugs in the correct way. Of course there are dos and don’ts to follow if you want to beautify your home with carpets and rugs and we have provided a few tips below for each option:
- Choose the right rug size – you need to make sure that you invest in the right size rug for each room. Rugs need to ground your furniture and set boundaries. Take a living room space for example. The rug should be large enough for the front legs of your furniture to be placed on it. In the bedroom, a large rug under the bed can be quite charming. Cater to a large rug so at least 2 feet of rug extend out from all sides of the bed. The first thing you want to feel under your feet when you get out of bed is the soft, comfortable rug – not the cold hard floor.
- Layer your rugs – you can get really creative and add cozy comfort to any room by layering your rugs. You can do this by buying a natural fiber rug of a neutral color and then placing a colorful or patterned, smaller rug on top of it.
- Spruce up your wall-to-wall carpeting – you don’t need to leave your regular carpeting bare. Add a little playful interest with a patterned or colorful area rug.
- Don’t skimp on padding – if you’re looking to save a few dollars, don’t skimp on the padding to do so. Your carpeting will need support, strength and some extra cushioning if you want it to feel soft and luxurious beneath your feet.
- Choose the style of carpet based on your lifestyle – all carpets have a different type of pile which refers to the surface texture created by the yard used. Choices often include frieze, Berber, Saxony, Plush and textured. If you have pets or children, making the right choice is essential. Always speak to an interior décor expert or flooring expert about your options.
- Try to keep things neutral and natural – it goes without saying that your preferences and styles will change over the year. By keeping the carpeting a neutral color and made from natural materials, it will be easily matched up with your color schemes and décor options and it will also be easier to maintain.
Both carpets and rugs make the ideal flooring solutions and while they can add aesthetic appeal to the home, they can also be used to protect the flooring beneath or used to obscure / hide flooring irregularities.
Get the Best Flooring Solutions for Your Wellington Home from California Designs
At California Designs we specialize in supplying and professionally installing various types of carpets and rugs in the Wellington area. We stock only the finest quality brands on the market including Couristan, Fabrica, Kane, Masland, Nourison and Stanton. Each of these will be a wise investment for the home.
We encourage all home owners looking for a flooring solution to view our gallery of carpets and rugs. Also feel free to contact us via email or telephone at California Designs and chat to one of our flooring specialists for more information and advice today.