Just like everything else, blinds do get dirty. This guide compiled by California Designs, Inc., will enable you to keep your blinds and shutters clean.
- Use a feather duster or microfiber cloth to keep your blinds dust-free. Regular dusting ensures your blinds stay clean and reduces the amount of work needed in a deep clean.
- Use a fresh fabric (like a sock) wrapped around a small ruler to get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies.
- If your blinds or shutters have been neglected for some time, lay down some newspaper below them before you start working. This will help catch all the residue and debris that fall off the blinds, and means you don't have to redouble your cleaning efforts on the floor as well.
- Use the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner to reach the top of the blinds without a step ladder. Take care not to damage anything, but the vacuum should prevent any layered dirt or grime to fall down onto you or your floors.
- For fabric blinds, the same brush attachment works and should keep your blinds looking fresh. For any stains use baby wipes. Pay special attention to moth-holes, as insects are drawn to fabric blinds.
The most beautiful and contemporary blinds and shutters can be found at California Designs, Inc. If you need a quote, installation or repair, we can help you. Contact us today to find out more.