- What is a plantation shutter?
Plantation shutters are generally custom made and inspired by the shutters used in old-school plantation homes in the South. They are most commonly made from wood and are versatile enough to be used as a window treatment throughout the home.
- Can I install a plantation shutter on my sliding door?
Yes, you can. Plantation shutters look especially good when placed on glass sliding doors.
- What is the best way to clean plantation shutters?
If you want to preserve the lifespan of your shutters, try to clean them as often as you can using a damp micro-fibre cloth. The cloth will remove dust build-up and keep your window treatments looking as good as new.
- What size louvers do I need for plantation shutters?
This is based on personal preference and depends on how much light or privacy you want in a room. Ultimately, the wider the louvers, the better the outside view.
- What should I look for when buying plantation shutters?
Look at the different types of shutters, whether they can be custom-made, and whether they come with a warranty.
- What is the best wood for plantation shutters?
Alder wood is our favorite. It is durable and promises a slick, long-lasting finish.
- What is the difference between plantation shutters and wooden blinds?
The biggest difference lies in the aesthetics. Plantation shutters offer more sophistication and elegance. Wooden blinds are still wonderful additions to the home, but are a slightly cheaper alternative.
- What are the benefits of plantation shutters?
Plantation shutters are durable, beautiful and easy to maintain.
- Are plantation shutters still in style?
Very much so. They are truly timeless in terms of their design and their general appeal to homeowners.
- Do plantation shutters provide privacy?
Yes - and you have a choice when it comes to how much privacy. Smaller louvers promise greater levels of privacy and you can also adjust their angle whenever necessary.
10 Questions Answered about Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters are becoming the window treatments of choice for Florida homeowners - and across the USA. Here are answers to your 10 most burning questions about this exciting new trend: